In his Stone lectures, which I read in abridged form, Kuyper proposes Calvinism as a life system from which all of life and thought can be engaged; persons having Calvinism as their worldview are ready to follow Christ at the impulse of the Spirit in the conflict with idolatrous life systems, of which modernism is one example.
While I see his particular claims for Calvinism to be a bit over the top, I do agree that a biblical Christian worldview, of which Calvinism is a good version, is the only adequate foundation for life and thought. Reading these lectures provided good thought fodder as I continue to develop my integration model. So, based on Kuyper’s Stone lectures and my pondering of some of the issues he raised, the following changes have been made to the integration model.
- “Sin-caused abnormality” was added to the reflection of glory in creation to more adequately reflect reality.
- “Discernment” was added to the interpretation process, for one cannot interpret what one had not previously discerned.
- The “Christian worldview filter” was added before discernment and interpretation.
- The block labeled “Participation in the Already-Not Yet Kingdom of God” has been additionally labeled as “Human participation in God-ordained dominion.” This extra labeling is tentative.
- “Explication of divine intention and sin’s corruption” has been added as the outcome of the critique and integration of perspectival knowledge.