- New Book About Church as Family: Alan Knox looks forward to Joe Hellerman’s book, When the Church was Family. I had the privilege of taking a class from Joe
while he was finishing this book and had the opportunity to read the draft chaptersand the previous version, The Ancient Church as Family, was one of the textbooks. It certainly influenced my thinking about church. It’s on my buy list for sure.It remains an important book in my ecclesiology library. [NOTE: Thanks to Joe Hellerman for catching my error. The draft text became the monograph, Jesus and the People of God: Reconfiguring Ethnic Identity (Sheffield Phoenix, 2007).]
- Remembrance and the Church: Alan Knox asks, “What about you? What has God taught you about the church? How has your understanding of the church changed? How are you and others attempting to live that out? Where do you think he’s taking you from here?” Go over there and add your story in the comments.
- Resurrecting Church: that creates deep friendships out of an honest interdependent community living” was kindled.
- Church Search Wishlist: Steve Scott, who is currently shopping for a church, describes what he is looking for. Good list.
- Talk about prejudice and presupposition!: Clayboy notes an all-too-familiar bit of church prejudice: the marriage and family assumption.
Who is the author?
Read more about Laura and the blog:
If you have any questions about the blog, email me at lkspringer AT gmail DOT com
NOTE: Only substantive and on-topic comments, as determined by the author, will be approved.
Subscribe in a reader
Copyright Notice© Laura Springer and Who in the World Are We?, 2005-2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Laura Springer and Who in the World Are We? with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.