I base most of my decisions on assumptions. So do you. If this were not the case we would be stymied every time we had to buy groceries. Assumptions are good when based on a correct view of reality; they cause problems when based on a false view of reality.
I want to uncover the assumptions underlying my view of what it looks like to be whole, healthy humans in the actual world. Below is a gathering of questions that have come to mind.
- Who is involved?
- Who cares?
- Who is thinking about this?
- Who is leading the charge?
- What practices logically flow from this?
- What beliefs support this?
- What is the intended end?
- When should this be done?
- Where should this take place?
- How should one respond?
- How should this be accomplished?
- Why should this be done?
Many more questions could be asked.